Aluminum Extrusion in Daily Life
From highly technical industrial uses to items we use every day, aluminum extrusion helps to shape our lives. We may not think about the qualities of aluminum that contribute to the products we rely on, but we benefit from them frequently.
Reasons to use aluminum extrusion
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the crust of the earth and also can be recycled repeatedly while maintaining its quality, so it is an environmentally friendly choice for many products. It does not rust, is not magnetic and it conducts both heat and electricity with ease. It is light and more easily shaped than many other metals while still staying remarkably strong. Adaptable and practical, aluminum is often brought to our daily life through the process of aluminum extrusion.
How we use aluminum extrusion
The virtues of aluminum facilitate its extrusion, creating tangible products and benefits, including:
- Transportation: Automobiles, trains, boats, aircraft and even space shuttles all incorporate aluminum extrusion in their structural panels and mechanical and electronic components.
- Commercial and domestic building supplies: Roofing, window and door frames, eavestroughing, wall panels, partitions, fences, bathroom fittings and many other architectural components are created using aluminum extrusion.
- Packaging materials: Beverage cans, foils, and wraps are made of aluminum.
- Electrical products: Aluminum tubing, wires and cables are used in common products such as computers and circuit boards, printers and photocopiers, as well as household electronics from kitchen appliances and vacuums to televisions and DVD players.
- Furniture fittings: Office partitions, venetian blinds, showers, toilet cubicles, and tradeshow exhibits and displays, can all be constructed through aluminum extrusion.
- Hardware: Indoors and out, aluminum is used as an alternative to welded steel to produce handles, panels, wire mesh, modular machine frames, assembly lines and much more. Outdoor fixtures constructed of aluminum can withstand all kinds of weather.
- Lighting: Aluminum is also found in table lamps, reflectors, ceiling lights and other common lighting products.
- Sporting goods and exercise equipment: Your favourite activities are often made possible by aluminum extrusion, from archery sets, bicycles and exercise equipment to swimming pool rails, golf carts, baseball bats, and hockey sticks.
With its environmental benefits and endless possibilities, products created through aluminum extrusion make our daily lives easier and more enjoyable.